The Play Pad
The centre is for whippersnappers of all ages and with this in mind there is something for everyone. The under 4's can slide, climb and play in their very own Little Tots area or give their adult helper an excuse to have a go on the go-karts. The play frame is designed for the bigger kids between the ages of 5 and 12, but they get to ride the go-karts on their own, play football or have a go on one of the four gaming stations. But if the adults are still dying to join in why not hit the lasertag area which is for anyone from the age of 7 years old.
Please don't forget to pick up your loyalty card from reception. Each time you visit us for a play we will stamp your card and this will entitle you to a FREE hot drink when you collect 4 stamps and FREE ENTRY for ONE CHILD into the centre on your 9th visit.
Meet Our Founder
Some Words from Parents
I love it here, the staff are always so friendly. The food is great and I'm quite partial to the cake and tea!
I've visited The Play Pad many times with my kids, It's a great facility, the Laser Tag is great for kids!
I come here a lot with my kids, we love it. They get tired running around in the Laser Pit and playing on the Go Karts and then we can have dinner afterward.
Rules of play
- Children under the age of 15 years old must be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times.
- When playing on the play frame socks must be worn at all times and shoes removed. All shoes must be kept under the tables where you are sitting, in the shoe pockets or lockers available.
- Shoes must be worn when playing lasertag and while on the go karts. It is the adults responsibility to ensure shoes are worn, not The Play Pad staff.
- Do not stand or climb on the slides.
- Children under the age of 6 years old must be accompanied while on the go karts, care must be taken while riding them and remember they are not bumper cars.
- Take care when playing lasertag as this is based in a very dimly lit room. Listen carefully to and follow pre-play instructions, even if you have been before. Please note that there may be flashing lights - people with photosensitive epilepsy need to inform staff before the start of any game.
- All food and drink must stay in the cafe area or party rooms and must not be taken onto the play frame, go-kart track, football pitch or lasertag area. This includes sweets, chewing gum or infants drinking bottles/cups.
- The lasertag and go-karts must only be used at permitted times and with a member of staff present. Tickets for the lastertag can be purchased at reception.
- All jewellery, watches, badges and sharp objects including hair accessories must be removed before play.
- Particular care is asked to be taken with anyone wearing glasses or contact lenses.
- No smoking is permitted in the centre, including electronic and imitation cigarettes.
- Only food and drink (unless baby milk) purchased at The Play Pad cafe may be consumed on the premises.
- Anyone with obvious recent injuries or who is clearly unwell may not use any of the centre's activities.
- The Play Pad Limited does not take responsibility for any lost or damaged articles or possessions and does not accept responsibility or liability for loss or injury of whatever nature caused through misuse of the equipment in the centre, on the car park or lack of parental supervision.
- Cars parked in the centres car park are parked at your own risk.
- The management reserves the right to ask anyone to leave for any reason.
- Abusive, disruptive or destructive behaviour is not allowed and may result in a ban from the centre.
- The Play Pad and the management reserve the right to refuse admission.
- We take the security and safety of your child very seriously and for this reason The Play Pad Limited operates an internal CCTV monitoring and real time recording system within the centre. Recordings will be viewed by the management only in the event of an accident or incident. Viewing of any recorded images is strictly for the management or police investigations only. No members of the public will be allowed to view CCTV images.
- The Play Pad does not offer a child care facility and children under the age of 12 years must be supervised at all times.